The stock rose more than 8% to a high of $104.68. More than 2.3 million shares had changed hands as of 2 p.m., which eclipsed the average volume of 1,672,900.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, ZILLOW INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ZILLOW INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ZILLOW INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.38 versus $0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.03 versus -$0.38).
- The gross profit margin for ZILLOW INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.44%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, Z's net profit margin of 4.65% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 91.48% to $18.76 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ZILLOW INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.18%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 394.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.55 million to $2.72 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: Z Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV