NEW YORK, April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE: GNK) ("Genco" or the "Company") today announced that – consistent with its previously disclosed Restructuring Support Agreement with certain of the lenders under its $1.1 billion secured credit facility entered into in 2007 (the "2007 Facility Lenders"), its $253 million secured credit facility (the " $253 Million Facility Lenders"), and its $100 million secured credit facility (the " $100 Million Facility Lenders"), as well as certain holders of the Company's 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes due August 15, 2015 ("the Noteholders") – it and certain of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary Chapter 11 petitions to implement a prepackaged financial restructuring that is expected to reduce the Company's total debt by approximately $1.2 billion and enhance its financial flexibility.
Importantly, all operating entities are expected to continue normal operations during the pendency of the financial restructuring. Baltic Trading and its direct and indirect subsidiaries are not included in the court-supervised restructuring. Baltic Trading is a separate public company from Genco, with an independent Board of Directors and separate financing. Baltic Trading is expected to continue operating in the normal course.
"Today, with the strong support of our lenders and noteholders, we are moving forward with our previously announced restructuring plan," said John C. Wobensmith, Chief Financial Officer. "We believe the financial restructuring will provide an expedited path to significantly strengthen Genco's balance sheet and improve the Company's financial flexibility. Our operations are strong, and once our restructuring is completed, we believe we will be well-positioned for continued growth and success. We continue to leverage our efficient cost structure and opportunistic time charter approach to manage through the drybulk shipping cycle. We look forward to continuing to provide our chartering customers the same high quality, reliable shipping services they've come to consistently expect from Genco."
As previously disclosed, the terms of the restructuring include, among other things:
- The 2007 Facility Lenders will convert all of their prepetition senior secured debt into 81.1% of the equity of the reorganized company;
- The entirety of the Company's obligations under the $253 million and $100 million facilities will be replaced by new senior facilities with extended maturity dates through August 2019 and certain other covenant modifications;
- The Company's obligations under the Convertible Senior Notes will be converted into 8.4% of the equity of the reorganized company;
- The reinstatement of all other general unsecured claims, which will be paid in the ordinary course of business;
- The cancellation of all equity interests in the Company, with such equity interests receiving seven year warrants for 6.0% of the New Genco Equity struck at a $1.295 billion equity valuation (the "New Genco Warrants") from the consideration that would otherwise be provided to the holders of Prepetition 2007 Facility Claims and Convertible Note Claims (each as defined in the Prepack Plan) in exchange for the cancellation or surrender of such equity interests; and
- Genco will conduct a $100 million rights offering for 8.7% of the pro forma equity of the reorganized company. The 2007 Facility Lenders will have the right to participate in up to 80% of the rights offering, which portion will be backstopped by certain of the 2007 Facility Lenders, and eligible holders of Convertible Notes will have the right to participate in up to 20% of the rights offering, which portion will be backstopped by certain of the Convertible Noteholders.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts