3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: SPH, PBT, CVRR
CVR Refining (NYSE: CVRR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.60%. CVR Refining, LP operates as a petroleum refiner in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.77. The average volume for CVR Refining has been 341,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. CVR Refining has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates CVR Refining as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CVR REFINING LP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The share price of CVR REFINING LP has not done very well: it is down 23.88% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter.
- The gross profit margin for CVR REFINING LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.71%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.66% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 302.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $54.56 million to -$110.20 million.
- You can view the full CVR Refining Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts