Richard Bove, vice president of equity research at Rafferty Capital, has a hold rating on Citigroup (C) with a $48 price target. He said the bank has had too many management changes in the past two decades and is currently not managed well. He does not like the level of Citigroup's international exposure. He concluded the stock is cheap because it has so many headwinds.
Seymour said Citigroup is a buy because the market has priced in its potential headwinds.
Tuesdays have produced an 8% gain in 2014 versus a loss of 6% for all of the other days of the week. Seymour said the trade is likely over now that investors are aware of it.
Mark Newton, chief technician analyst at Greywolf Execution Partners, said Biogen Idec
(BIIB) has sold off too much over the past seven weeks. He added the stock has found support near its one-year trend line and could move up to $325 in the short term and up to $360 sometime this summer.
In addition, Facebook (FB) could climb to $67 because it has cleared the $63.18 level. Apple (AAPL) looks good on the long side, based on appealing risk-to-reward metrics.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV