The stock opened at $21.68 and surged more than 15% to a high of $24.17 as of 10:55 a.m., by which point more than 7 million shares had changed hands.
The company, which has been called the Chinese equivalent of Twitter (TWTR), raised $286 million by pricing its initial public offering of 16.8 million shares, 16% fewer than expected, at $17 a share. That price was at the low end of the expected $17 to $19 range but valued the company at approximately $3.46 billion.
The stock opened at $16.27 on Thursday, but quickly recovered and surged more than 25% to a high of $24.48 for the day. More than 31 million shares had changed hands by the close of trading.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV