NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TransCanada Corp. (TRP) are down -3.41% to $44.98 after the U.S. State Department on Friday said that it would delay making a recommendation about the Keystone XL pipeline until questions about the way the route was approved through Nebraska are resolved.
TransCanada is the Canadian company that wants to build the pipeline.
Also, the ongoing debate now moves to the Nebraska Supreme Court which was asked to consider a legal challenge to the pipeline.
If that court were to uphold a lower court decision, TransCanada would then have to apply to the Nebraska's Public Service Commission, potentially adding an additional delay of several months.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRANSCANADA CORP has improved earnings per share by 37.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, TRANSCANADA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.42 versus $1.84 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 37.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $320.00 million to $439.00 million.
- 49.14% is the gross profit margin for TRANSCANADA CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.82% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TRANSCANADA CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV