- Rick Hieb : A veteran of three space flights, Hieb flew on STS-39 in 1991, STS-49 in 1992 and STS-65 in 1994. He has logged more than 750 hours in space, including more than 17 hours of space walk. Hieb was the payload commander for Space Shuttle Mission STS-65, which lasted from July 8 - July 23, 1994 and set a new flight duration record for the Space Shuttle program. Read more about Hieb's experience in space here.
- Tom Jones, PhD: Jones is a veteran astronaut with four shuttle flights: STS-59 and STS-68 in 1994, STS-80 in 1996 and STS-98 in 1998. He logged more than 52 days in space. During his 2001 space flight, Jones and his crew delivered the U.S. Destiny Laboratory Module to the Space Station, where he led three space walks to activate and outfit the Lab. Learn more about Jones here.
- Paul Richards: Richards flew aboard the space shuttle Discovery on STS-102 in 2001, the eighth shuttle mission to visit the International Space Station. During his mission, he logged more than 307 hours in space, including 6.4 spacewalk hours. Richards is currently a manager for the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES-R Series), which are the next generation of weather satellites being developed by NASA for NOAA. Find out more about Richards' time in space here.
- Ellen Stofan: As NASA Chief Science Officer, Stofan serves as principal advisor to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on the agency's science programs and science-related strategic planning and investments. Before her appointment in 2013, she was vice president of Proxemy Research in Laytonsville, Md., and honorary professor in the department of earth sciences at the University College London in England. Stofan's research has focused on the geology of Venus, Mars, Saturn's moon Titan and Earth.
Lockheed Martin Connects Students With Astronauts And Space Veterans At USA Science & Engineering Festival
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts