The tweet read:
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service, Kraft's "Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners" may instead contain the company's "Classic Cheese Dogs."The agency went on to say that product labels that do not accurately reflect the ingredients in the product are liable for recall when a mistake is found. Kraft's "Classic Cheese Dogs" contain pasteurized cheese made with milk, which was not declared on the label for dogs produced March 2-3. Some consumers have allergies to milk, and in some cases allergic reactions can be life-threatening. Some other consumers have intolerance to lactose, a component in milk.
The FSIS said in its statement that Kraft was alerted by a consumer who spotted the problem on April 18. Kraft then notified federal officials the next day.
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV | More videos from Brittany Umar As of Sunday, neither FSIS nor Kraft had received reports that consumers had experienced adverse reactions when consuming the mislabeled product. If a reaction occurs, however, the FSIS advises consumers to contact their health care providers. The dogs were labeled with the number "Est. 537H" in the USDA inspection mark, and were distributed across the U.S. At the time of publication, the author had no position in any of the funds mentioned. Follow @macroinsights This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV