NEW YORK, April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TheStreet (NASDAQ:TST) announced today that TheStreet TV has been named an official honoree in the Best News & Information Channel category in the 18th Annual Webby Awards. Hailed as the "Internet's highest honor" by The New York Times , The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet.
The IADAS, which nominates and selects The Webby Award Winners, is comprised of web industry experts, including media mogul Arianna Huffington, Skype CEO Tony Bates, Mozilla CEO and Chair Mitchell Baker, Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom, mobile-phone inventor Martin Cooper, and Creator of the Jif Steve Wilhite.
TheStreet TV is TheStreet's digital video channel that offers viewers over 100 videos each week including business and financial news updates, interviews and in-depth market analysis. Videos are available via nine different topic channels and strive to educate and inform personal and institutional investors worldwide.
"Honorees like TheStreet TV are setting the standard for innovation and creativity on the Internet," said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. "It is an incredible achievement to be selected among the best from the 12,000 entries we received this year.""TheStreet TV has ramped up production over the past year with a strong focus on both the quality of video and content for our audience, so it's a thrill to have that work recognized by the premiere awards in the space," said Ruben Ramirez, Head of Video for TheStreet. "Digital video is an important part of TheStreet's future and we know that TheStreet TV will continue to grow and bring a lot of real value to the company. We are honored to be recognized by the Webby Awards for our digital video channels," added Elisabeth DeMarse, Chairman, President and CEO of TheStreet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV