NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's going to be a big day in the markets, especially for these top-trending companies on StockTwits.
1. Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) shares are surging nearly 60% this morning amid news of plans to submit an application for a new drug.
2. Word on the street is that AstraZeneca (AZN) is in play and Pfizer (PFE) has extended a buyout offer in the neighborhood of $100 million. Shares of AZN are up over 5% in premarket as players digest the industry ramifications:
$PFE has put forward a bid of $100 billion for $AZN, according to a report published by London-based Sunday Times http://stks.co/s0EBL -- Bidness Etc (@BidnessEtc) Apr. 21 at 07:10 AM3. Several stocks are out with earnings this morning, and early trading action might be volatile: Hasbro (HAS), Kimberley Clark (KMB), Lennox International (LII), Bank of Hawaii (BOH), Chemical Financial (CHFC), Tennant (TNC), NVR (NVR), Washington Trust Bancorp (WASH) and Synalloy (SYNL).
$HAS kicks things off with an EPS beat -- Derald Muniz (@1nvestor) Apr. 21 at 04:42 AM
Kimberly-Clark $KMB Q1 Adj. EPS USD 1.41 vs. Exp. USD 1.47 -- FinancialJuice (@FinancialJuice) Apr. 21 at 05:30 AM
Halliburton $HAL beats eps by a penny. Revenues by $600m. Not a blow out like $BHI. Could see a fade like $SLB. -- Elam Rajaguru (@bigelam) Apr. 21 at 05:35 AMFollow me on StockTwits: @chicagosean At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV