High-end housewares company Williams-Sonoma (WSM) has been a best-in-breed consumer cyclical stock this year. W hile the rest of the industry slipped almost 4% since January, WSM is up more than 7% over the same stretch. That makes Williams-Sonoma another name that's holding up its momentum in 2014, even if many investors would consider it an unexpected addition to our Rocket Stocks list.
Williams-Sonoma operates 585 stores across the world under the Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Rejuvenation brands. The firm is also one of the largest e-commerce sellers of home furnishings. WSM sells brand name kitchenware, furniture, and accessories, and as a result, it's able to bring thick margins to the bottom line. International growth has been a major catalyst for upside, and WSM's decision to get exposure to the Middle East through franchises is an excellent low-risk way to gain exposure to emerging market growth without making huge investments.
Financially, Williams-Sonoma is in stellar shape. The firm has historically avoided borrowing to grow its store footprint, and as a result, the firm has a balance sheet with more than $330 million in cash and less than $4 million in debt. With rising analyst sentiment in WSM this week, we're betting on shares of this Rocket Stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV