BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Nothing calms investors' animal spirits quite like a three-day weekend. And after a huge 2.71% rally in last week's four short trading sessions, an extended break from trading is exactly what the doctor ordered.
That'll give extra weight to this week's price action as the big indexes sort out whether the correction that's harangued stocks in March and April is finally over.
For longer-term investors, the most important takeaway is the fact that correction or not, the primary trend is still up and to the right. We're still very much in a "buy the dips market". We're just seeing a dip this month.So with that, we're taking a look at five new Rocket Stocks worth trading this week. For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 245 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 79.95%. >>Side-Step the Selling With These 5 Big Trades Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV