PLANO, Texas, April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Doritos, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, has introduced a bold new mystery to the snack food aisle. Beginning this week, shoppers will see three new mystery flavors of Doritos Jacked tortilla chips making their way to grocery stores nationwide. The fan challenge: if you're bold enough, try all three mystery flavors and vote for your favorite at www.BoldFlavorExperiment.com. As part of the promotion, bold taste testers will be rewarded for voting, with the flavor receiving the most fan votes ultimately being brought back to store shelves this fall. All three bold flavor names will be revealed later this summer. For more details and official rules, please visit www.BoldFlavorExperiment.com.
Introduced in 2012, Doritos Jacked is everything fans love about Doritos tortilla chips, only jacked up for a bigger and bolder experience. Forty percent bigger in size and thickness, the chip delivers a one-two punch of intense flavors followed by a twist of spice or tanginess that packs the ultimate crunch. For its Bold Flavor Experiment, the Doritos brand will reward those who vote for their favorite Doritos Jacked mystery flavor with daily giveaways of $1,000 — in gold. The "Be Bold, Win Gold" prizing celebrates the origin of the Doritos name, which translates to "little bits of gold" in Spanish.
"There's nothing as bold as stepping into the unknown, and crunching into an unknown mystery chip with over-the-top flavor is one way we're inviting fans to be bold with the Doritos brand," explained Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "Our Bold Flavor Experiment is the latest example of how we're rewarding our fans for making bold choices — this time by trying our mystery Doritos Jacked flavors and voting for the bold flavor they like best."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV