NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the ICT solutions and international communications business within the NTT (NYSE: NTT) Group, announced today the immediate start of a free trial for its “ WebRTC Chat on Skyway” web application, which uses WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communications) technologies for browser-to-browser communication between devices in real time, the first such application in Japan. The trial is being conducted at NTT Com’s web application platform, SkyWay ( https://chat.skyway.io/"room_name").
WebRTC is a breakthrough technology that enables real-time point-to-point (P2P) communication for voice, video and data (ex. file) sharing between browsers of devices including PCs and smartphones. Since web servers are bypassed, the technology enables highly private communication for web services. It also helps to reduce operational costs for application and service developers and providers by minimizing server resources. Existing P2P communication requires a dedicated application in each device, but WebRTC only uses conventional browsers, so service development costs are relatively low. WebRTC is expected to be used widely in future applications.
Features of WebRTC Chat on SkyWay
- Private, safe and secureWebRTC Chat’s encrypted, server-free communication realizes high privacy and security. With respect to concerns that P2P services could be used for illegal data transfers, WebRTC technology stores the beginning and end of connection logs, so communication can be traced if necessary. NTT Com’s trial will test this feature by compiling and managing communication logs.
- Easy, intuitive communication requires no membership/registrationWhereas existing video chat services with dedicated applications usually require user registration, NTT Com’s WebRTC Chat can be used simply by accessing a dedicated website. Easy-to-understand images and sound effects strengthen the highly intuitive user experience of WebRTC Chat.
- Highly reliable WebRTC platformConsidering that future WebRTC services will use redundant server systems and offer flexible expandability, the trial will be used to confirm system reliability and additional features that NTT Com is considering adding to SkyWay’s WebRTC platform.
SkyWay Platform and HTML5 InitiativesNTT Com developed the SkyWay platform to deploy WebRTC technologies that the company has been offering for free since December 2013. The source code library is open and available at GitHub, a software development support service. Both SkyWay and WebRTC technologies use HTML5, the newest version of the standard markup language used for the Internet. NTT Com, a leading advocate of HTML5 adoption, launched the HTML5 Lab in July 2013 and also HTML5 Experts.jp, a site that provides support to the HTML5 engineering community. About NTT Communications Corporation NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including leading global tier-1 IP network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching 196 countries/regions, and over 150 secure data centers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV