5 Eco-Friendly Spa Treatments Inspired by Earth Day
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tomorrow is Earth Day, and each year more than a billion people in 190 countries mark the day with outdoor activities or action events.
In honor of Earth Day, organizations across the country from NASA to the National Park Service to the Sierra Club are sponsoring events aimed at getting people outdoors enjoying nature.
NASA, for instance, is asking people to go somewhere outside, take a "selfie" and share it on social media with the hashtag #GlobalSelfie. The pictures will be used by the space agency to create a mosaic image of people's faces in outdoor places.
Meanwhile, luxury spas are hoping to entice you indoors in honor of Earth Day and long afterward by playing up nature-based, eco-friendly or organic earth-to-spa ingredients.Luxe spas in the wine growing regions surrounding the Finger Lakes are touting wine wraps made of local grapes, while spas with their own rooftop gardens and beehives are promoting treatments using homemade ingredients. Earth Day may be a good excuse to try these treatments, but really, they can be enjoyed anytime in honor of Mother Earth. Here are a few eco-friendly treatments worth checking out: The Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria in New York City This chic spa recently unveiled an array of all-natural skincare services featuring pure royal bee jelly, which is known for tightening pores and reducing the appearance wrinkles. To advance the Earth-friendly experience even further, Guerlain Spa recently introduced the "Urban Island Escape," a package of treatments that includes a toning body mask, body scrub and a moisturizing massage, all of which emphasize use of all-natural coconut oil, honey and sugar. Sounds more like a recipe for the kitchen then the spa, but that's what the eco-spa movement is all about -- natural ingredients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV