Wealthy Are Optimistic, Like U.S. Stocks Right Now
So why not turn to a demographic that has demonstrated it knows how to make money in the financial markets and see what they think about investing, money and the economy?
Legg Mason surveyed 500 affluent U.S. investors last week and found a generally sunny outlook, with 86% of respondents saying they are "optimistic" about their investment portfolios and 74% saying the stock market is the best place to build wealth over the next year.
Here's how the wealthy rank the top-performing financial markets right now: U.S. stocks (74%); international stocks (53%); real estate (53%); gold/metals (33%); U.S. bonds (31%); cash (28%); alternative investments (24%); and global bonds (19%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV