General Electric (GE) ($26.56, up 3.3% since Tuesday): Beat analysts' EPS estimates by a penny, earning 33 cents a share. The stock traded as high as $26.76 post-earnings on Thursday vs. monthly and semiannual risky levels at $26.79 and $27.22. The weekly chart remains positive with its five-week MMA at $25.85.
Google (GOOGL) ($543.34, down 1% since Tuesday): Missed analysts' EPS estimates by 14 cents, earning $6.27 a share. To understand the extreme volatility both before and after reporting Google's earnings check out, How to Capture Google's Volatility -- and Profit posted on Thursday.
Goldman Sachs (GS) ($157.44, up 1.6% since Tuesday): Beat analysts' EPS estimates by 59 cents, earning $4.02 a share. The stock traded as high as $161.44 on Thursday vs. weekly and monthly risky levels at $162.61 and $163.90. The weekly chart remains negative with its five-week MMA at $162.11.
IBM (IBM) ($190.01, down 3.6% since Tuesday): Matched analysts' EPS estimates, earning 54 cents a share. The stock traded as low as $187.01 on Thursday, staying above its 200-day SMA at $185.46. The weekly chart remains positive with its five-week MMA at $188.63.Intel (INTC) ($27.04, up 1.8% since April 14): Beat analysts' EPS estimates by a penny, earning 38 cents a share. The stock set a 52-week intraday high at $27.24 on Wednesday after staying just above our semiannual pivot at $26.33 on Tuesday. The weekly chart remains positive with its five-week MMA at $25.71. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) ($98.96, up 2.2% since April 11): Beat analysts EPS estimates by 6 cents, earning $1.54 a share. The stock set an all-time intraday high at $99.71 on Wednesday with our quarterly risky level at $100.42. The weekly chart remains positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $95.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV