PROVO, Utah, April 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) announced today that Nu Skin China plans to immediately resume corporate-hosted business meetings and will begin accepting applications for new sales people on May 1, 2014.
" China is an important marketplace for Nu Skin and we are committed to operating in full compliance with China's direct selling regulations to promote long-term success," said Dan Chard, president of global sales and operations. "We plan to continue working cooperatively with regulatory agencies and refine our training procedures to further educate our sales force on local laws and company policies."
In addition, Nu Skin will report first quarter 2014 results before the market opens on May 6, 2014 and expects to provide updated guidance at that time. The Nu Skin management team will host a conference call with the investment community later that same day beginning at 11 a.m. (EDT). During the call, participants will hear management discuss past results and upcoming business initiatives. The webcast of the conference call, including the financial information to be presented, will be available on the investor section of the company's website at ir.nuskin.com. A replay of the webcast will be available at the same location through Friday, May 16.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. demonstrates its tradition of innovation through its comprehensive anti-aging product portfolio, independent business opportunity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The company's scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established Nu Skin as a premier anti-aging company. The company's anti-aging products feature the new ageLOC line of products including the ageLOC ® TR90™ weight management and body shaping system, ageLOC ® R 2 nutritional supplement, and ageLOC ® Transformation daily skin care system. A global direct selling company, Nu Skin operates in 53 markets worldwide and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'NUS'. More information is available at http://www.nuskin.com. Please Note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the resumption of corporate-hosted business meetings, and the acceptance of applications for new sales people; statements relating to the company's training, compliance and government relations efforts in China; statements of management's beliefs and expectations regarding China's market; other statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "targets," "likely," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words. The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- risk that continuing media and regulatory scrutiny and investigations in China, and any actions taken by the company or by regulators, could negatively impact the company's revenue, sales force and business in this market, including the interruption of sales activities, loss of licenses, and the imposition of fines, and any other adverse actions or events;
- risk of unanticipated delays, complications or other difficulties in resuming corporate-hosted business meetings and the acceptance of applications for new sales people in China;
- risks related to negative publicity regarding recent media allegations and subsequent regulatory investigations and fines;
- risk that direct selling regulations in China may be modified, interpreted or enforced in a manner that results in negative changes to our business model or the imposition of a range of potential penalties;
- risks associated with our business in China, including any operating mistakes and errors, inadequate customer service and inappropriate claims or promotions by our sales force.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV