Rent-A-Center, Inc. (NASDAQ/NGS: RCII) this week donated 65 Google Chromebooks to The Community Builders, Inc., (TCB). The hardware is in support of a TCB initiative dubbed “Community Life.” The initiative uses stable housing as a platform for residents to achieve success through youth development, education, workforce development, and asset building.
The computers will be divided between four of the organization’s Community Life sites, and will benefit residents by providing access to the technology necessary for developing skills and knowledge sought by today’s employers.
“We are delighted to provide 65 families with access to new laptop computers,” said Trevor Samios, TCB senior operations manager. “This generous donation will give our residents even greater access to valuable online resources and information.”
Intent on bridging the digital divide, Rent-A-Center has donated over 1,000 computers in support of digital literacy initiatives since January of 2012.Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 21,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV