WILLIAMSPORT, Pa., April 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:PWOD)
Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. continued its solid earnings and growth during the recently completed first quarter of 2014, achieving net income of $3,469,000 for the three months ended March 31, 2014 resulting in basic and dilutive earnings per share of $0.72.
- Completion of the acquisition of Luzerne National Bank Corporation ("Luzerne") effective June 1, 2013 resulted in an increase in net loans of $254,057,000; investments of $21,140,000; deposits of $279,867,000; and assets of $329,209,000 at the time of acquisition.
- Net income from core operations ("operating earnings"), which is a non-GAAP measure of net income excluding net securities gains and bank owned life insurance gains on death benefits, increased to $3,036,000 for the three months ended March 31, 2014 compared to $3,033,000 for the same period of 2013.
- Operating earnings per share for the three months ended March 31, 2014, which includes shares issued in the Luzerne transaction, were $0.63 basic and dilutive compared to $0.79 basic and dilutive for the same period of 2013.
- Return on average assets was 1.15% for the three months ended March 31, 2014 compared to 1.72% for the corresponding period of 2013.
- Return on average equity was 10.58% for the three months ended March 31, 2014 compared to 15.51% for the corresponding period of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV