NEW YORK, April 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EXPRESS, Inc. (NYSE: EXPR) today announces the opening of its first factory outlet store at the Tanger Outlets National Harbor in Washington, D.C. The U.S. specialty retail apparel chain offering dual-gender fashion for going-out, casual and work, plans to open approximately thirty additional factory outlet locations throughout the U.S. in 2014.
"We are particularly excited about our outlet initiative which represents a new format for EXPRESS," said Michael Weiss, the chairman and chief executive officer of EXPRESS. "I'm very optimistic about this new part of our business and the associated growth potential."
The factory outlet concept supports the retailer's growth strategy of becoming more accessible to the twenty-something, fashion-conscious, yet price-sensitive customer. Recognizing the opportunity to capitalize on the ever-growing outlet business and capture a new customer base, EXPRESS plans to open stores at outlet destinations throughout the country in top markets including Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, New York and more.
"Factory outlets are an important growth initiative for EXPRESS, offering us a unique opportunity to acquire new customers by offering great fashion and quality at an amazing value," said Andrew Buck, vice president and general manager of outlets for EXPRESS. "We are thrilled to present the EXPRESS Factory Outlet as an accessible shopping experience for young fashion-forward women and men."Merchandised to reflect the brand's modern, sexy and cool style, the outlet stores will offer an assortment of both women's and men's apparel and fashion accessories. The outlet customer will now have the opportunity to shop the brand at factory-affordable prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV