AKRON, Ohio, April 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- After receiving nearly 15,000 unique submissions for its national "Name the Blimp" contest, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) has selected 10 finalist names for its newest blimp. The finalist names were chosen based on criteria, including how the name reflects the history of airships, the majesty of lighter-than-air flight and Goodyear's track record of delivering superior performance and innovation.
The new blimp, which took its first test flight one month ago, is an all-new, state-of-the-art version of the tire company's world-famous icon. The new airship is larger, faster, and more maneuverable and builds on the company's legacy as the world's leading builder and operator of airships.
The finalists include the following 10 names:
- Pride of Goodyear
- Wingfoot One
Fans can vote on their favorite name by visiting www.Goodyear.com/NametheBlimp beginning today through May 9. The individual who originally submitted the winning name will receive the grand prize of access to the blimp for a day. The other nine finalists will each receive a set of Goodyear tires.Goodyear will christen the new blimp this summer, activating it to continue the company's tradition of providing superior aerial coverage of key events, offering charity opportunities, and serving as one of the world's best-known corporate icons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV