- 72nd American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting (March 2013-Denver) Positive three-year follow up data were presented by Ajay Bhatnagar, MD, MBA, Cancer Treatment Services Arizona, Affiliate of 21 st Century Oncology, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and DermEbx. Dr. Bhatnagar presented clinical outcomes data on 187 patients with 275 NMSC lesions treated using eight fractions with the Xoft System, showing excellent cosmesis, low toxicity, and no recurrences at three years post-treatment.
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) Annual Meeting (April 2013-San Diego) Clinical outcomes data were presented by Stephen Doggett, MD, a board certified radiation oncologist with Aegis Oncology. Dr. Doggett’s study included 561 lesions in 364 patients treated with the Xoft System and showed that NMSC treatable lesions normally treated with standard fractionation teletherapy, Mohs or excision can be treated with eight fractions of eBx with comparable cure and complication rates and excellent cosmetic results 19 months following treatment of the first patient.
- Also at ABS, poster presentations by Sujatha Pai, MD, MS, DABMP, Director, Division of Medical Physics at Radion, Inc. and Rakesh Patel, MD, Director, The Targeted Radiation Institute of VMOC in Pleasanton, Calif., provided a comparative dosimetry analysis including the Xoft System for skin applications and the Air Kerma strength and output of the Xoft Axxent source as related to the development of a robust Quality Assurance program.
ICAD Reports Continued Growth In Adoption And Utilization Of Its Xoft System To Treat Skin Cancer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts