The Council of Urban Professionals is hosting its 7 th Annual Leadership Gala at Cipriani on 110 East 42 nd Street today, April 17, 2014. The event recognizes prominent leaders of color from some of the most powerful companies in the country as well as civic leaders who have made a significant impact on their community.
Surrounded by dozens of executives from Fortune 500 companies, including Morgan Stanley, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer and Feld, American Express, and Disney, Former Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. presented Gregory Fleming, President of Morgan Stanley Investment Management and Wealth Management, with the New York City Vision Leadership Award and TODAY news anchor Savannah Guthrie presented the Breakthrough Leadership Award to NBC anchor Natalie Morales. Carol Evans, President and founder of Working Mother Media, presented the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Award to Target, Inc. Kim Strong, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, accepted the award on behalf of the organization.
“We are proud to honor Greg Fleming, Natalie Morales and Target tonight for their outstanding commitment to promoting the importance and advantages of diverse leadership at the highest levels of their organizations,” said James Francis, CUP Board Chairman. “At CUP, we believe that it's easier to be what you can see. Fortunately, Morgan Stanley, NBC Universal and Target are committed to making sure that their decision-making tables reflect our city and our country’s diversity. We recognize and celebrate each of these honorees.”
”I am honored to receive this award and to highlight the important work CUP does to advance diversity in the executive suites across so many different industries. As one of the world’s leading multicultural cities, New York offer a rich talent pool, and organizations like Morgan Stanley benefit greatly from CUP’s ongoing programs to develop the leaders of tomorrow,” said Gregory Fleming.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV