According to Bloomberg a potential deal between the two companies would give Vodafone subscribers free access to steaming movies and TV shows for a period of time. Talks are in early stages according to the report.
Vodafone currently has content deals with Spotify and Sky Sports to offer free content to subscribers when their sign up for the wireless network.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
VOD data by YCharts "Vodafone Group Plc (Vodafone), is a mobile communications company. Vodafone Red offers consumers and businesses a package with mobile data allowances, unlimited calls and texts, plus cloud and back-up services to secure personal data. Vodafone Cloud allows customers to store their personal digital content, such as contacts, photos and videos in the Vodafone network and to access it on the move from any connected device. Vodafone OneNet integrates landlines and mobiles providing a communication solution. Vodafone Secure Device Manager gives customer a way to manage many of their smart devices. In February 2014, Verizon Communications Inc completed the acquisition of Vodafone Group Plc's 45% indirect interest in Verizon Wireless. In April 2014, Vodafone Group Plc acquired100 %of its Indian subsidiary, Vodafone India Limited (VIL)."STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV