Ford Motor Company set a Guinness World Records ® title as more than 50,000 fans worldwide signed an electronic card to celebrate the 50 th birthday of the all-new Ford Mustang.
Mustang fans were invited to sign the electronic card, and the response was immediate and enthusiastic. In all, 55,720 people across the globe logged on to Ford’s website, leaving messages of enthusiasm and adoration for the iconic pony car.
“Mustang is an inspirational car, and it is no surprise its fans worldwide have been inspired to help make history on this very special occasion,” said Steve Ling, car marketing manager at Ford. “After an exciting week of celebrations globally, the Guinness World Records title is an extraordinary exclamation point on Mustang’s birthday today.”
Beginning April 9, people from more than 160 countries visited Ford’s website in an effort to achieve the Guinness World Records title. Participation peaked the next day, with 10,534 people sending birthday wishes. Yesterday, one week into the attempt, the 50,000-signature goal Ford set was met.“It is my honor to be the official Guinness World Records adjudicator for Ford Mustang’s 50 th birthday and to award Ford the Guinness World Records title for the most contributions to an e-greeting card celebrating the occasion,” said Johanna Hessling, adjudicator for Guinness World Records. “We wish Mustang many more milestone birthdays in the future!” The top 10 countries participating in achieving the record are the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Australia, Brazil, France, Mexico and Italy. Mustang fans were effusive in their greetings. “Happy 50 th birthday to one of the best cars in history, the Ford Mustang!!” wrote Kevin. “You only get better with age. Here’s to 50 more.” Shayne wrote: “Happy birthday to the Mustang, you have been my favorite car as long as I can remember and you single handedly brought me to the Ford side.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV