Guotai Junan Securities recently recommended holding Oriental Pearl stock to benefit from what an expected "quick and dirty" business consolidation project at Shanghai Media leading up to deeper reforms.
Another state company likely to invite private investors soon is Shanghai Electric, a Shanghai-listed engineering conglomerate with close ties to dozens of international companies. For example, it makes elevators with Japan's Mitsubishi and power plant boilers with France's Alstom.
Analysts have also recommended traders take a close look at the brokerage Soochow Securities, which could be the first state-owned company in the city of Suzhou to welcome private investors, and Anhui Heli, which makes forklifts. Both are listed on the Shanghai exchange.
At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV