SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner Inc. in the "leaders" quadrant of the April 15, 2014 "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls." This is the third year that Palo Alto Networks has been recognized as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Firewalls.
According to the report, "through 2018, more than 75% of enterprises will continue to seek network security from a different vendor than their network infrastructure vendor." The report also states, "products must be able to support single-enterprise firewall deployments and large and/or complex deployments, including branch offices, multi-tiered demilitarized zones (DMZs) and, increasingly, the option to include virtual versions."
- "We're thrilled to once again be named a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for enterprise firewalls report. We believe this echoes the momentum we've been experiencing as enterprise organizations see the value of a truly next-generation security platform – one that safely enables all applications and proactively prevents cyber threats for all users on any device across any network."– Rene Bonvanie, chief marketing officer at Palo Alto Networks
LEADING THE WAY IN NEXT-GENERATION ENTERPRISE SECURITYNine years ago, Palo Alto Networks changed the network security industry with the introduction of the next-generation firewall. This breakthrough architecture brought unparalleled control through the safe enablement of applications, and exceptional levels of protection by blocking all known threats operating across a multitude of different vectors.Two years ago, we again changed the industry with the introduction of WildFire and a next-generation threat cloud that focuses on detecting and defending against the most advanced, unknown threats. Most recently, through our acquisition of Cyvera, we added unique endpoint protection to the platform. The combination of our next-generation endpoint technology, our next-generation firewall and our next-generation threat cloud represents the most innovative, integrated, and automated enterprise security platform in the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV