3 Consumer Goods Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
1. As of noon trading, Philip Morris International ( PM) is down $2.24 (-2.6%) to $82.55 on average volume. Thus far, 3.7 million shares of Philip Morris International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $82.12-$84.05 after having opened the day at $83.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.79. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products. The company's portfolio of brands include Marlboro, Merit, Parliament, Virginia Slims, L&M, Chesterfield, Bond Street, Lark, Muratti, Next, Philip Morris, and Red & White. Philip Morris International has a market cap of $133.4 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Philip Morris International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Philip Morris International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and deteriorating net income. Get the full Philip Morris International Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts