3 Energy Stocks On The Rise
1. As of noon trading, EOG Resources ( EOG) is up $1.40 (1.4%) to $102.41 on average volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $100.84-$102.68 after having opened the day at $100.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.01. EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. EOG Resources has a market cap of $55.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 21 analysts who rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full EOG Resources Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts