NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Huntington Bancshares Inc.
(HBAN) are down -2.26% to $9.10 on Thursday morning following a ratings downgrade to "outperform" from "strong buy" at Raymond James Financial
The firm said it changed the regional bank holding company's rating due to a lack of near term catalysts.
Raymond James also lowered its price target for the company to $10.50 from $12.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HBAN's share price has jumped by 26.44%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HBAN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES is currently very high, coming in at 91.14%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.02% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HBAN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts