BETHESDA, Md., April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] will host a panel of successful female technologists and mentors from leading organizations to provide encouragement and guidance to students at the upcoming USA Science & Engineering Festival.
The Women in Technology panel on the Lockheed Martin stage will be comprised of representatives from Pinterest, Girls Who Code and Michelle in Training. The panel will take place Saturday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 27 at 1:00 p.m. at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C.
- Reshma Saujani is the founder and CEO of Girls Who Code, a national non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in technology and prepare young women for jobs of the future. In her new book, "Women Who Don't Wait in Line," Saujani advocates for a new model of female leadership focused on embracing risk and failure, promoting mentorship and sponsorship, and boldly charting your own course -- personally and professionally. Saujani is a graduate of the University of Illinois, Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and Yale Law School. She was recently named one of Forbes' Most Powerful Women Changing the World, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People, Ad Age's Creativity 50, Business Insider's 50 Women Who Are Changing the World, City & State's Rising Stars and an AOL/PBS Next MAKER.
- Liza Conrad is passionate about building strong communities and empowering young women to pursue futures in technology. As the development manager at Girls Who Code, Conrad combines experience in non-profit education and development to create and strengthen partnerships with companies including Twitter, Intel, Google, as well as foundations and individuals, to enable the organization's growth and impact. As a mentor and leader at Girls Who Code, Conrad has worked with young women from across the country to develop the hard and soft skills necessary to succeed in the tech industry.
- Kat Calvin's non-profit organization, Michelle in Training, teaches professional and life skills to D.C.-area high school girls with an emphasis on using technology in almost every interaction. Calvin was the founder of "Blerdology," a social enterprise focused on engaging and encouraging African Americans in STEM. Blerdology traveled around the country hosting hack-a-thons, partnering with federal, state and local governments, as well as major tech corps like Google and Microsoft. Calvin is a graduate of Mount Holyoke College and Michigan Law School. Numerous publications have featured Calvin for her dedication to educating young women in the tech field. Calvin was named one of Business Insider's Top 30 Women Under 30 in Tech, one of The Grio's 100 last year and one of BET's Blacks on the Brink of Greatness. She frequently speaks on entrepreneurship, innovation and STEM.
- Tracy Chou is a software engineer working on a mix of product, platform and infrastructure at Pinterest. Before Pinterest, she was the second engineer ever hired at Quora. She interned at Facebook and Google, and was a Mayfield Fellow at Stanford University, where she earned her bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and a Master of Science in computer science. This year, she was named one of Forbes' 30 Under 30 women in technology. Chou is particularly passionate about increasing diversity in the tech industry and in other STEM fields.
In addition to the stage, Lockheed Martin engineers and technologists will showcase awe-inspiring technologies and interactive, hands-on exhibits in the areas of advanced aeronautics, data analytics, scientific discovery, nanotechnology, robotics and energy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV