NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This was a huge week for earnings -- more than 100 companies reported. Names like Coca-Cola (KO), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Goldman Sachs (GS), Google (GOOG) (GOOGL) and General Electric (GE) all posted earnings. And all of them were trending in posts by cashtaggers on StockTwits.com.
Today let's look at the two earnings reports that are gaining the most social interest right now, Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and General Electric.
1.) Chipotle posted one of its strongest earnings reports in history. In fact, the company set a new revenue record, earning $904.2 million for the quarter. On StockTwits, there's already been a 28% increase in message volume.
But something to keep an eye on is sentiment. Currently StockTwits' sentiment on Chipotle stands at 54% bullish vs. 46% bearish. Depending on which way sentiment tilts today, we could see a huge move in Chipotle shares.
Chipotle Mexican Grill $CMG Q1 EPS $2.64, revenue $904.2M; sees 180-195 new store openings in 2014 -- Options Risk Management (@MitchellKWarren) Apr. 17 at 08:03 AM
$CMG Oh just a 29m revenue beat and same store sales up 13.4% in "bad weather". No biggie. Pass the guacamole please. -- The best to ever do it. (@BestEver) Apr. 17 at 08:40 AM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV