Update (10:50 a.m.): Updated with Thursday price information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Credit Suisse increased its price target on Sandisk SNDK to $125, increased its estimates and set an "outperform" rating. The firm notes the company is seeing higher sales and margins.
The stock was up was up 9.77% to $83.26 at 10:48 a.m. on Thursday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SANDISK CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SANDISK CORP (SNDK) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- SNDK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although SNDK's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.00, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SANDISK CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SANDISK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.37 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.80 versus $4.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 58.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $213.54 million to $337.78 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 95.42% to $616.82 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SANDISK CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.16%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SNDK Ratings Report