The board of directors of PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) today approved a 6-cents-per-share increase in the company’s dividend, declaring a regular quarterly dividend of 67 cents per share, payable June 12 to shareholders of record May 12.
“We remain extremely proud of our long dividend heritage,” said Charles E. Bunch, chairman and chief executive officer. “Delivering sustainable dividend increases for the benefit of our shareholders remains an integral part of our balanced cash-deployment strategy. The 10-percent increase in our per-share dividend is a reflection of the company’s continuing strong growth and cash-generation prospects.”
PPG’s prior quarterly dividend was 61 cents per share. This marks the company’s 463rd consecutive dividend payment. PPG has paid uninterrupted annual dividends since 1899.
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty materials company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Net sales in 2013 were $15.1 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPGIndustries on Twitter. Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV