MOORESVILLE, N.C., April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NASCAR Technical Institute (NASCAR Tech), one of eleven campuses operating under parent company Universal Technical Institute (UTI) and the exclusive educational partner of NASCAR, will host the "Advanced Industries Summit" on Thursday, April 24, to address North Carolina's labor skills gap and discuss opportunities for industry and education to collaborate on new programs that emphasize education for employment.
The event will bring together leaders in education, business and government to discuss best practices for preparing qualified workers, including strategies that integrate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education in workforce development programs. In addition, participants will learn about Centralina Council of Government's involvement in the Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP), a strategic planning grant initiative through the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration that aims to help accelerate the resurgence of manufacturing in the U.S.
The Summit will kick off with presentations by three keynote speakers, including Kim McWaters, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Universal Technical Institute; Michelle Byron, Director, Partnership Marketing at NASCAR; and The Honorable Miles Atkins, Mayor of Mooresville, North Carolina. Participants will also hear from Congressmen Richard Hudson and Robert Pittenger, and will be able to share their opinions in a unique group forum discussion moderated by Amy Burkett, General Manager for WTVI PBS Charlotte.
The open group discussion will feature a panel of thought leaders, including:
- Dr. Tim Brewer, President, Mitchell Community College
- Dave Dalton, Chief Executive Officer, General Microcircuits Inc.
- John Dodson, VP NASCAR and Community Relations, NASCAR Technical Institute
- Peyton Holland, Postsecondary Director, North Carolina SkillsUSA
- David Hollars, Executive Director, Centralina Workforce Development Board
- Dr. Brady Johnson, Superintendent, Iredell-Statesville Schools
- Walter Siegenthaler, Executive Vice President, Max Daetwyler Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV