Excluding accounting adjustments, revenue climbed 3.8% year over year to $8.8 billion, more than half of which was a product of continued strength in its institutional securities segment (responsible for services such as corporate capital raisings and restructurings).
Fixed income revenue, which has shown signs of softness at other banks, climbed 13% year over year to $1.7 billion. The New York-based bank said the strong performance reflected improvement in credit and securitized products despite lower volumes in the segment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV