- Sales of $787.5 million increased $45.8 million, or 6.2%, from 2013 levels; excluding $15.2 million of acquisition-related sales and $5.9 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 5.0%.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $121.7 million improved to 15.5% of sales as compared to $107.8 million, or 14.5% of sales, last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $34.4 million increased $3.9 million, or 12.8%, from 2013 levels.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $156.1 million improved to 18.6% of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue) as compared to $138.3 million, or 17.6% of revenues, last year.
- Net earnings of $95.9 million, or $1.62 per diluted share, compares with net earnings of $82.8 million, or $1.40 per diluted share, a year ago.
Snap-on Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.