Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced the Embedded Software Store, an online information and e-Commerce-based website dedicated to the embedded design community, has opened up its site in support of other CPU architectures beyond the ARM architecture.
The store will now sell other cores including MSP430, AVR, Power Architecture and more. As part of its initial expansion, engineers can now find additional cores from Embedded Software Store suppliers including Freescale® Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics America Inc., Interniche Technologies Inc. and Rowebots Research Inc.
The Embedded Software Store accelerates software innovation for embedded applications by enabling users to easily locate available software supporting a variety of CPU cores.“When we embarked on this venture with the Embedded Software Store more than two years ago, our vision was to achieve an open marketplace for embedded software for the design community – and we have come a long way. We are now ready to get to the next level,” said Tim Barber, senior vice president of design chain business development at Avnet Electronics Marketing. “Now, it is important for the store to become an open community and enable other CPU ISAs – at the same time, we remain committed in our support of ARM ecosystem vendors.” “The move to expand the Embedded Software Store with support of a broader base of CPU architectures provides customers more options and choices for their embedded designs,” said Ritesh Tyagi, vice president of marketing for Renesas Electronics America. “Customers now have easy access to IP from partners supporting Renesas MCUs to help them quickly and effectively build differentiated solutions on top of the company’s world-leading MCU hardware platform.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV