BRIDGEPORT, Conn., April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) announced today that Chief Financial Officer Kirk Walters is transitioning out of his role as Chief Financial Officer of People's United Bank for family reasons. David Rosato, who has served as Treasurer since 2007, will succeed Walters as Chief Financial Officer of the bank. Both changes are effective immediately.
Walters will continue to serve as Chief Financial Officer of People's United Financial, Inc., the bank's holding company, through December 31, 2014, when Rosato is expected to assume that position. Walters will remain an executive officer, transitioning as of January 1, 2015 to the role of Senior Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning. He will also remain a member of the Board of Directors of the company and the bank.
"For the past year Kirk has successfully managed the intense responsibilities of his role as Chief Financial Officer and director of this company as well as challenging family health issues," said Jack Barnes, Chief Executive Officer of People's United. "Today, we are announcing an orderly transition executed according to our corporate succession plan, which demonstrates our bench strength," Barnes said.
"Importantly, Kirk will transition to the new role of Senior Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning and will report directly to me as a member of the Management Committee," Barnes added. "We are fortunate that Kirk will continue to contribute to the company in a role that will leverage his broad experience in the industry and deep operational expertise. We are equally pleased that David, who has contributed significantly to the bank as Treasurer and brings over 25 years of experience in banking, is well-prepared to step up to the role of the bank's CFO."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV