USA Track & Field (USATF) and NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) on Tuesday announced an expansion of their partnership that will significantly increase support of USATF programs, athletes and competitive groups.
The new partnership marks an ongoing commitment from NIKE to the sport in a sponsorship that extends from 2017 through 2040. The long-term partnership significantly increases the overall support for track and field athletes throughout the US.
“This new deal is a game-changer for the sport and what USATF will be able to offer all of our constituents,” said USATF CEO Max Siegel. “In working together with NIKE, we placed an emphasis on growth as well as scope, so we can broaden the level and breadth of support for all USATF programs. NIKE’s support for USA Track & Field and the sport as a whole is unmatched, and we look forward to this new era of collaboration.”
“NIKE was founded as a running company, and our passion for Track and Field is at the core of our DNA,” said Mark Parker, President and CEO of NIKE, Inc. “We have been a longstanding partner of USATF since 1991 and are extremely proud to extend our partnership and commitment to the sport.”As USATF National Team Sponsor and the world's leading creator of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories, NIKE has supported and designed uniforms for the last six Olympic Games. Under the new agreement with USATF, NIKE maintains its status as exclusive sponsor and supplier of products to the World's #1 Track and Field Team while being USATF's official sponsor in the footwear, apparel and retail categories, and exclusive athletic footwear and apparel licensee within the running and route tracking/management app and social network category. New deal, new support The new partnership will enable USATF to fully support Paralympic and masters track & field teams through official outfitting of current Team USA gear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV