April 16, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM will offer the most comprehensive radio coverage available for the 2014 NBA Playoffs, featuring live play-by-play of every game, plus special programming on
SiriusXM NBA Radio
, channel 217.
Friday, April 18
, the day before the postseason tips off, will be
NBA Playoffs Preview day on SiriusXM NBA Radio
. SiriusXM's 24/7 NBA channel will feature a series of interviews with some of the NBA's greatest postseason players, including Hall of Famers
, NBA Champions
, as well as 11-time All-Star
. Appearing at the bottom half of every hour of the programming day, these players have won a combined 22 NBA Championships and have been involved in some of the league's most memorable playoff moments.
Throughout the day, SiriusXM NBA Radio hosts – including Hall of Famer
, two-time All-Star
and former head coach
– will break down every first round matchup and discuss favorites and potential upsets going into the postseason.
During the playoffs, subscribers will get live play-by-play broadcasts of every postseason game through the Finals on their satellite radios, through the
SiriusXM Internet Radio App
. Those listening through the app and online can also choose between the home and visiting team broadcasts for every game. Visit
for channel listings.
"Friday will be a remarkable day of programming on SiriusXM NBA Radio," said
, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "On the eve of the playoffs, fans will hear some of the NBA's greatest players, along with our hosts, look back at memorable postseason moments and look forward to this year's run for the title. And when the games begin, our listeners get access to every minute of action."
NBA Playoffs Preview Day on SiriusXM NBA Radio
Friday, April 18
The Starting Lineup
with hosts Frank Isola and Jerry Stackhouse
- A three-time NBA Champion with the Chicago Bulls, Kukoc hit a buzzer beater to beat the New York Knicks in Game 3 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- A four-time All-Star and two-time All-NBA First Team selection, King scored 44 points in a memorable shootout with Isiah Thomas in the 1984 Playoffs.
Off the Dribble
with hosts Jason Goff and Sam Mitchell
- An eight-time NBA Champion with the Celtics and the 1974 Finals MVP, Havlicek's steal in Game 7 of the 1965 Eastern Conference Finals remains one of the most famous plays in NBA history.
- The Pearl, one of the most exciting point guards in the history of the game, scored 23 points in the deciding Game 5 of the 1973 Finals as the New York Knicks won their second NBA title.
- The three-time All-Star averaged over 20 points per game during the 2004 Playoffs and led the Detroit Pistons to the franchise's third NBA title.
with hosts Justin Termine and Nancy Lieberman
- As a rookie, Wilkens, a future nine-time All-Star, played a key role in the St. Louis Hawks' 1961 run to the NBA Finals. As a coach, he guided the Seattle SuperSonics to the 1979 NBA title.
- One of the most decorated players in the history of the league, West won five NBA Championships as a player and executive for the L.A. Lakers. He is also the only player in history to be named the Finals MVP (1969) despite being on the losing side.
- The 11-time All-Star and 2001 league MVP averaged more than 29 points per game in his eight trips to the playoffs.
- A three-time NBA Champion, Worthy was named Finals MVP after recording a triple-double to lead the Lakers to victory over the Pistons in Game 7 of the 1988 Finals.
Throughout the playoffs
SiriusXM NBA Radio
, channel 217, will be a daily source of news and talk for NBA fans. Live programming begins each weekday at
7:00 am ET
. This postseason also will mark the launch of a new show,
NBA Playoffs Postgame Live
, which will air every weeknight after the games and give listeners a place to call in and react to the night's results. Follow the channel on Twitter
Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
(NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 25.6 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music, sports and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and from retailers nationwide as well as at
. SiriusXM programming is available through the
SiriusXM Internet Radio
App for smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at
. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™, SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™,
Sirius Marine Weather
, XMWX Aviation™, and XMWX Marine™. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in
which has more than 2 million subscribers.
On social media, join the SiriusXM community on
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our competitive position versus other radio and audio entertainment providers; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; failure of our satellites, which, in most cases, are not insured; the interruption or failure of our information and communications systems; the security of the personal information about our customers; royalties we pay for music rights, which increase over time; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions; rapid technological and industry change; failure of third parties to perform; changes in consumer protection laws and their enforcement; failure to comply with FCC requirements and other government regulations; and our indebtedness. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (
). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.