NEW YORK, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM will offer the most comprehensive radio coverage available for the 2014 NBA Playoffs, featuring live play-by-play of every game, plus special programming on SiriusXM NBA Radio, channel 217.
Friday, April 18, the day before the postseason tips off, will be NBA Playoffs Preview day on SiriusXM NBA Radio. SiriusXM's 24/7 NBA channel will feature a series of interviews with some of the NBA's greatest postseason players, including Hall of Famers Jerry West , John Havlicek , James Worthy , Earl Monroe , Lenny Wilkens and Bernard King , NBA Champions Toni Kukoc and Richard Hamilton , as well as 11-time All-Star Allen Iverson . Appearing at the bottom half of every hour of the programming day, these players have won a combined 22 NBA Championships and have been involved in some of the league's most memorable playoff moments.
Throughout the day, SiriusXM NBA Radio hosts – including Hall of Famer Nancy Lieberman , two-time All-Star Jerry Stackhouse and former head coach Sam Mitchell – will break down every first round matchup and discuss favorites and potential upsets going into the postseason.
During the playoffs, subscribers will get live play-by-play broadcasts of every postseason game through the Finals on their satellite radios, through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App and at SiriusXM.com. Those listening through the app and online can also choose between the home and visiting team broadcasts for every game. Visit www.SiriusXM.com/NBASchedule for channel listings."Friday will be a remarkable day of programming on SiriusXM NBA Radio," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "On the eve of the playoffs, fans will hear some of the NBA's greatest players, along with our hosts, look back at memorable postseason moments and look forward to this year's run for the title. And when the games begin, our listeners get access to every minute of action." NBA Playoffs Preview Day on SiriusXM NBA Radio – Friday, April 18 The Starting Lineup with hosts Frank Isola and Jerry Stackhouse 7:30am ET/ 4:30am PT: guest, Toni Kukoc
- A three-time NBA Champion with the Chicago Bulls, Kukoc hit a buzzer beater to beat the New York Knicks in Game 3 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- A four-time All-Star and two-time All-NBA First Team selection, King scored 44 points in a memorable shootout with Isiah Thomas in the 1984 Playoffs.
- An eight-time NBA Champion with the Celtics and the 1974 Finals MVP, Havlicek's steal in Game 7 of the 1965 Eastern Conference Finals remains one of the most famous plays in NBA history.
- The Pearl, one of the most exciting point guards in the history of the game, scored 23 points in the deciding Game 5 of the 1973 Finals as the New York Knicks won their second NBA title.
- The three-time All-Star averaged over 20 points per game during the 2004 Playoffs and led the Detroit Pistons to the franchise's third NBA title.
- As a rookie, Wilkens, a future nine-time All-Star, played a key role in the St. Louis Hawks' 1961 run to the NBA Finals. As a coach, he guided the Seattle SuperSonics to the 1979 NBA title.
- One of the most decorated players in the history of the league, West won five NBA Championships as a player and executive for the L.A. Lakers. He is also the only player in history to be named the Finals MVP (1969) despite being on the losing side.
- The 11-time All-Star and 2001 league MVP averaged more than 29 points per game in his eight trips to the playoffs.
- A three-time NBA Champion, Worthy was named Finals MVP after recording a triple-double to lead the Lakers to victory over the Pistons in Game 7 of the 1988 Finals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV