But others said investors would be too skittish about holding through the long weekend. Markets are closed this Friday for Good Friday, the Christian holy day before Easter Sunday.
Very little reason to stay long over the weekend with this Passover rally we've just had unless we retrace at least 1/2 of it $SPY -- SteveZ1 (@Stevez1) Apr. 16 at 02:07 PMSentiment on the ETFs that track the S&P 500, Dow and Nasdaq remained above 55% bearish. Sentiment was particularly negative on the S&P 500 where 72% of commenters on StockTwits.com called for losses. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV