Regional Real Estate Stands Out in Spring Selling Season
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The spring selling season seems to be off to a strong start, but not a blockbuster one.
Redfin, a Seattle online real estate brokerage services firm, says in a report released Wednesday that March residential real estate services rose by 9.9%, which looks OK at first glance.
But January and February's home sales numbers were up 14.1% and 12.9%, respectively. In fact, Redfin reports that residential homes sales rates have slid five months in a row and are down 11.6% since the same period in 2013.
Economists, the media and politicians have been touting a robust economic recovery, one that would manifest itself with a strong start to the 2014 home selling season. Certainly homeowners, real estate agents and any members of Congress up for re-election this November hoped that would be the case.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV