3 Stocks Dragging The Technology Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, EMC Corporation ( EMC) is down $0.31 (-1.1%) to $26.61 on average volume. Thus far, 9.6 million shares of EMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.57-$27.14 after having opened the day at $27.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.92. EMC Corporation develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. It operates in three segments: Information Storage, Information Intelligence Group, and RSA Information Security. EMC Corporation has a market cap of $54.2 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. Shares are up 7.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts