Employees of the Principal Financial Group ® have a message for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) youth: “It gets better.” The employees share their personal stories in a new video posted on the It Gets Better ProjectTM website and at www.principal.com/GLBTA. The “It Gets Better Project” focuses on assuring GLBT youth that as they get older, life gets easier.
“This is a message of hope for GLBT youth that it will indeed get much better and that it is critically important they hang in there and know they have allies. They are not alone,” said Nora Everett, senior vice president at The Principal ® and co-chair of The Principal Diversity Council. “The Principal salutes the employees who are stepping forward to share their inspiring stories. We are proud to present them to the youth of America because our commitment to diversity and inclusion extends beyond our corporate walls.”
The GLBTA (A is for allies) Employee Resource Group at The Principal debuted the video at an employee event which featured several speakers including Betsy Bernard, past president of AT&T and member of the Principal Financial Group Board of Directors since 2001. Bernard shared her personal observations and experiences as an openly gay woman in corporate America.
“My journey was made easier by allies—both gay and straight—who accepted me for who I was and were willing to stand up to anyone who didn’t. Videos like this bring allies forward,” said Bernard. “Gay rights are an issue of civil rights. History has shown we need many people to rally together in order to make real progress on civil rights. That includes not only those whose rights are being violated but also those who won't stand by and watch, like our wonderful allies.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV