Dell and Red Hat Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the availability of co-engineered, enterprise-grade, private cloud solutions based on OpenStack, the Dell Red Hat Cloud Solution, powered by Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. The companies also have extended their collaboration to enable the compatibility, portability and reliability for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings that enterprise customers need as they build public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
Through the new private cloud solutions and extended alliance, Dell and Red Hat aim to provide enterprise customers at various stages of OpenStack evaluation and use with an enterprise-grade software life cycle experience, and greater stability, predictability and rigor to the community-published OpenStack updates.
Now Available: Dell Red Hat Cloud Solutions, Powered by Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
Dell and Red Hat have co-engineered OpenStack-based cloud solutions to address enterprise customer demand for more flexible, elastic and dynamic IT services to support and host non-business critical applications – including mobile, social and analytics – and dev/test environments. These solutions are available today, and have been optimized and validated by Dell and Red Hat to provide rapid on-ramps to OpenStack private clouds:
- Proof of Concept Configuration – designed for customers looking to explore OpenStack capabilities, research deployment options, pilot application deployments, and begin the development of an OpenStack cloud environment.
- Pilot Configuration – designed for testing cloud applications, and for customers beginning a production environment. The pilot configuration is capable of supporting cloud scale applications across six OpenStack compute and three storage nodes. The pilot configuration can be expanded with pre-configured compute, storage and infrastructure blocks.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts