Yamana and Agnica Eagle announced they will jointly acquire Osisko for C$3.9 billion, or C$8.15 a share. The offer consists of C$1billion in cash, and about C$2.33 billion in Yamana and Agnica Eagle shares, as well as shares in a new joint company, called Spinco, valued at about C$575 million.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- YAMANA GOLD INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, YAMANA GOLD INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.59 versus $0.59 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 445.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $169.16 million to -$583.89 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, YAMANA GOLD INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $184.84 million or 49.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 39.03%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 454.54% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AUY Ratings Report