NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Dejour Energy Inc. (DEJ) are higher 5.56% to $0.285 on Wednesday after the company announced gross production at its Woodrush oil project in British Colombia increased 60%.
The independent oil and natural gas exploration company said gross daily production at Woodrush is currently 540 boepd, compared to the 316 boepd produced daily during Q4 2013.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 240.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.37 million to -$4.64 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.40 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.13, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, DEJOUR ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- DEJOUR ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEJOUR ENERGY INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.07 versus -$0.09 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for DEJOUR ENERGY INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.83%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -236.71% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DEJ Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts