Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer reminded viewers the markets are made up of traders and investors. Traders, he said, look for catalysts like a potential upside earnings report, then sell their positions after the catalyst has occurred, whether or not they were correct. Investors, on the other hand, look at the big picture and focus on longer-term decision making.
Executive Decision: Nick PinchukFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Nick Pinchuk, chairman, president and CEO of Snap-on Tools (SNA), which just delivered an eight-cents-a-share earnings beat on better-than-expected revenue. Shares of Snap-on are up 23% since Cramer last spoke with Pinchuk in July. Pinchuk said he thinks of Snap-on as a technology company, one that is constantly innovating. The company has learned that many of its automotive tools translate well into other industries, like aerospace. He said Snap-on's new smart toolbox is alerting airplane mechanics when tools are missing and may have been left inside an engine, for example. Pinchuk was also bullish on Europe, with sales in France, Germany and Spain all on the rebound. During the recession, Pinchuk said he had faith that growth would return; instead of shuttering production, he focused on efficiency, a decision that's paying off big now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV